Friday, September 12, 2014

Product Review: Various from Abe's Market #1

So Abe's market has an amazing service where you can try 
things for $2 each and they ship it for free. 
You can choose up to 3 items at a time. 
So I will be reviewing those items along with some 
other items I got along with this shipment.


Item #1



I am always hesitant to try freeze dried products but it sounded good so I gave it a try.
Creamy, crunchy and fruity. It's like eating cereal basically.
The flax mixed with the dried milk and fruit go well together.


Great on the go breakfast but not everyone enjoys freeze dried products.
I have to say I was surprised and that tiny package gives you half a cup of fruit!
Decent product but of course always eat fresh raw produce if possible.





Item #2



I love the mix of savory and sweet. And this bar delivers just that.
If you are a fan of Moroccan flavors you may enjoy this bar.
With pistachio's, currants, carrots, and ginger, this bar
could easily be a meal replacement for either breakfast or lunch.


It wasn't until I finished the bar that I knew I enjoyed it.
The presence of sesame kinda threw me off but in the end I enjoyed it.



Item #3 



Now this item I only got because I like spicy food.
I do not consume what this product has in it on a regular basis.
This item is a major cheat even though it is considered healthy.
I don't consume legumes often, and the soy bean oil, 
corn starch and "natural flavors", aren't things I personally consider healthy.
So that aside, how does it taste? Meh, it's got a kick for sure. 
I thought I used to like dried peas. I guess I don't anymore. 
I will probably mix these with my Asian Spiced Roasted Almonds I made the other day.


These items were part of the try for $2 promotion.
The other items were Mate Tea and herbal teas I will review in a future post.


No comments:

Post a Comment