Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Feel Good Power Brunch

So I haven't been feeling 100% the past week or so, and it has been really cold.
So this morning I decided I needed some healthy feel good comfort food.
Normally when I think of a comfort food breakfast,
I think of bacon, eggs, home fries, biscuits and gravy.

So I had to make that healthy ...
The eggs I can keep, the potatoes are gone.
No bacon but I will use bacon fat!
For a biscuit/grits substitute I will use Quinoa flakes.
And it will all be piled on top of sauteed spinach/peppers and onions


The peppers and onions cooking.

Quinoa flakes with bacon fat, butter, garlic and Parmesan.





 Flour and bacon fat/coconut butter then

 add milk to make an awesome gravy!


That meal was amazing, it really did the trick. 
For dinner I will have a bowl of chicken quinoa soup!


1 comment:

  1. You are so creative. This looks yummy, I would still miss the bacon. QQ

    ReplyDelete